Fine and demi-fine sterling silver jewellery, which is plated with gold, rhodium and rose gold requires much less care than fashion jewellery as the plating is usually thicker and the base metal of sterling silver takes years to fade - rather than weeks or months, as with fashion jewellery.
However, as sterling silver eventually still fades over time, the following recommendations apply to all of the pieces in our store.
If you want to keep your pieces in their best condition for longer, try to stick to these tips:
- Do not expose your jewellery to moist conditions, such as when showering, washing the dishes or sweat etc.
- Apply perfume before putting your jewellery on and make sure it is dry first.
- Take your jewellery off before bed to prevent friction on your pieces
- Store your jewellery safely in your complimentary anti-tarnish Lelu Fashion pouch while not wearing.
- Use a silver polishing cloth only on sterling silver, gold plated sterling silver and gold vermeil pieces.
- To clean fashion jewellery properly, use luke warm water and ensure you dry it completely to avoid tarnishing any plating.